You wish to be alarmed for any new work by this artist? Please enter your email.
Far from the paths, I paint.
“I am a specialist of life as a permanent crisis. I envy quiet lives”. Thus speaks Barcelo, whose art expresses itself through different media, painting, engraving, ceramics, sculpture, etc. He has three homes, Paris, Mali, and Mallorca (where he was born), travelling from one to the other, his three outposts, . . .
See & discover
The works presented on this page are not available anymore.
Catalogue(s) raisonné(s)Non réalisé à ce jour All the "catalogues raisonnés"
Bibliographic track & more
To read about the artist :
- «Miquel Barcelo», Carré d'Art, Nimes, 1991
- «Barcelo», Electra, Milan, 1993
- «Miquel Barcelo», Galerie national du Jeu de paume, 1996
- «Miquel Barcelo, 1987-1997», Musée d'Art contemporain, Barcelone, 1998
- «Barceló», Jean-Luc Olivié, Ed. Musée des Arts décoratifs, Paris, 2000
- «Miquel Barceló, Mapamundi», J.L. Nancy et J.L. Prat, Ed. Fondation Maeght, 2002
- «Miquel Barcelo : Ceramicas», A. Zagajewski, Ed. Galaxia Gutenberg, 2006
- «Miquel Barceló», Édouard Glissant, Collection Lambert, 2007
- «Miguel Barceló», cat d'expo, Lugano, Ed. Skira, 2007
- «Miquel Barceló, en chemin», Dore Ashton, Ed. Actes Sud, 2013
To read from the artist :
- «Carnets d'Afrique», le Promeneur, 2003
- «Une nuit sur le Mont Chauve», avec Michel Butor, Ed. La Différence, 2012
Stamp by Miquel Barcelo
The publication of a postal stamp is often a homage paid by a nation to a place, an event, a remarkable cause or a character which count. The painters and other artists do not escape from this rule. Some are however "forgotten" of postal art. Here, gathered below (French or foreign), emitted stamps (206) or simple studies of stamp (224) in homage to the artists represented on our website. The first French stamp was emitted in 1849, England preceded us by ten years. There is often a share of voyage in this small form of shape paper. The stamp circulates, sails, flies away, it makes dream, then dream a little. M.C.
When the stamp is really emitted, the artist name is preceded of an asterisk (*).
It is certain that we do not know each stamp emitted for such or such artist; do not hesitate with us to make known them!Discover all stamps