You wish to be alarmed for any new work by this artist? Please enter your email.
Beauty is bad taste. We must push the falsehood until the end.
The son of craftsmen potters of Vallauris, Martial Raysse is born in the Golfe-Juan (Alpes-Maritimes, France) in 1936. He begins painting and writing poems at the age of 12 years. At first, he is student in Khâgne in the Massena Highschool in Nice. In the late '50s, the young man is very close to the artists who work on the Riviera, including Yves Klein and Arman, they introduce him to Pierre . . .
See & discover
The works presented on this page are not available anymore.
Catalogue(s) raisonné(s)* « Martial Raysse », Didier Semin, Galerie Nationale du Jeu de Paume (Paris) et Carré d'Art (Nîmes), Ed. R.M.N., Paris, 1992 All the "catalogues raisonnés"
Bibliographic track & more
To read about the artist :
- « M. Raysse », G. Lascault et P. de Haas, Ed. Centre G. Pompidou, Paris, 1981
- « Martial Raysse à Antibes », catalogue Musée Picasso, Antibes, 1982
- « Qu'il est long le chemin », M. R., col. L'art en écrit, Ed. Jannink, 1992
- « L’école de Nice », Meguro Museum of Art, Tokyo, 1995
- « Martial Raysse », Alain Jouffroy, Ed. Georges Fall, Paris, 1996
- « Martial Raysse », Catherine Grenier, monographie, cat., Ed. du Centre Pompidou, 2014
- « Un Saint pêcheur, deux statues de M. Raysse », J. Bertron, Ed. Kamel Mennour, 2014
- « Martial Raysse : Dessins », J. Bertron, Ed. Kamel Mennour, 2015
- « Martial Raysse », Dimitri Salmon, Ed. du Griffon, 2016
- «Martial Raysse », A. Pigeat, K. Mennour, Ed. Kamel Mennour, 2017
To read from the artist :
- « Loco Bello », illustrations et texte de M. Raysse, Ed. Karl Flinker, 1976
- « Martial Raysse », M. Raysse, Ed. Kamel Mennour, 2017
Website :No website dedicated to the artist.
Stamp by Martial Raysse
The publication of a postal stamp is often a homage paid by a nation to a place, an event, a remarkable cause or a character which count. The painters and other artists do not escape from this rule. Some are however "forgotten" of postal art. Here, gathered below (French or foreign), emitted stamps (206) or simple studies of stamp (224) in homage to the artists represented on our website. The first French stamp was emitted in 1849, England preceded us by ten years. There is often a share of voyage in this small form of shape paper. The stamp circulates, sails, flies away, it makes dream, then dream a little. M.C.
When the stamp is really emitted, the artist name is preceded of an asterisk (*).
It is certain that we do not know each stamp emitted for such or such artist; do not hesitate with us to make known them!Discover all stamps