You wish to be alarmed for any new work by this artist? Please enter your email.
I love what I am doing, Help !
Jim Dine is born in 1935 in Cincinnati (United States). He follows Art studies at the university of Ohio (1953-1957). He settles down in New York in 1958, and creates this same year, his first "happenings". His first personal exhibition is organized two years later. From the beginning his artistic career, Jim Dine woks on recurring subjects (the . . .
See & discover
The works presented on this page are not available anymore.
Bibliographic track & more
To read about the artist :
- « Jim Dine : Figure Drawings 1975/1979 », C. W. Glenn, Harper & Row Pub., 1980
- « Jim Dine », D. Shapiro, Ed. Abrams, New York, 1981
- « Trembling for color », J.-L. Schefer, G. Beaubourg, La Différence, 1991
- « Jim Dine : Drawing from the Glyptothek », Ruth E. Fine, Ed. Hudson Hills, 1993
- « The Alchemy of images », M. Livingstone, Monacelli Press, New York, 1998
- « Jim Dine : Photographies récentes », Ed. Paris Audiovisuel, 1999
- « Monotypes, Gravures », Repères n°4, Ed. Galerie Lelong, Paris, 2000
- « Jim Dine », National Gallery of Art, Washington, 2004
- « Jim Dine : Botanical Drawings », Ed. Wildenstein, 2006
- « Jim Dine : Printmaker », Clifford Ackley, Ed. MFA Publications, 2012
To read from the artist :
- « Walking memory 1959-1969 », interview J. Blaut, Guggenheim Museum, 2003
- « My letter to the troops », Jim Dine, Ed. Steidl, 2017
Stamp by Jim Dine
The publication of a postal stamp is often a homage paid by a nation to a place, an event, a remarkable cause or a character which count. The painters and other artists do not escape from this rule. Some are however "forgotten" of postal art. Here, gathered below (French or foreign), emitted stamps (206) or simple studies of stamp (224) in homage to the artists represented on our website. The first French stamp was emitted in 1849, England preceded us by ten years. There is often a share of voyage in this small form of shape paper. The stamp circulates, sails, flies away, it makes dream, then dream a little. M.C.
When the stamp is really emitted, the artist name is preceded of an asterisk (*).
It is certain that we do not know each stamp emitted for such or such artist; do not hesitate with us to make known them!Discover all stamps
Private collection / This document is not for sale