You wish to be alarmed for any new work by this artist? Please enter your email.
Until the two routes meet, I had a more comfortable time in the making binding prints than in the natural drawing.
Jean-Marc Scanreigh is born in 1950 in Marrakech (Morocco), where his father is then official. He spends his childhood in Alsace; very soon, he is captivated by the exhibitions organized by the museums in Strasbourg. In 1971, the young man discovers American abstraction whose independence strikes him and releases his expression: he decides to abandon his studies in physics and chemistry to devote . . .
See & discover
The works presented on this page are not available anymore.
Bibliographic track & more
To read about the artist :
- « Scanreigh », L. Vezin, cat., Musée de l’Estampe originale, Gravelines, 1986
- « Autres dessins », J. Jouet, F. Biver, Ed. La Mule de Cristal, Bruxelles, 2006
- « S., un créateur multiple », in Art et Métiers du Livre, n°258, Fev.-Mars 2007
- « Pour un Scanreigh historié », J. Jouet, Ed. Mémoire Active, Lyon, 2008
- « J.-M. Scanreigh », C. Girieud, cat. d'exposition, Carré d’Art, Nîmes, 2011
- « Chic Dessin », E. Couturier, cat. d'expo., Salon 3ème Ed., Paris, 2012
- « 10 ans ! », P. Chauvin, cat. d'expo. collective, Le cabinet d’amateur, Paris, 2017
- « Livres et carnets », cat. d'expo., Librairie Huret, Paris, 2017
- « Tour du monde en Tondo », cat. d'expo. coll., Hospice Saint Roch d’Issoudun, 2017
- « Multiple de six », Jean Dometti, cat. d'expo. collective, Domfront (Sarthe), 2018
To read from the artist :
- « Remarques à effacer », in cat. Picasso, M. de Belfort et de Montbéliard, 2001
- « Comme un journal », in cat. d’exposition, C. d’Art Contemporain, Feurs, 2004
Stamp by Jean-Marc Scanreigh
The publication of a postal stamp is often a homage paid by a nation to a place, an event, a remarkable cause or a character which count. The painters and other artists do not escape from this rule. Some are however "forgotten" of postal art. Here, gathered below (French or foreign), emitted stamps (206) or simple studies of stamp (224) in homage to the artists represented on our website. The first French stamp was emitted in 1849, England preceded us by ten years. There is often a share of voyage in this small form of shape paper. The stamp circulates, sails, flies away, it makes dream, then dream a little. M.C.
When the stamp is really emitted, the artist name is preceded of an asterisk (*).
It is certain that we do not know each stamp emitted for such or such artist; do not hesitate with us to make known them!Discover all stamps
Michelle Champetier Collection / This document is not for sale