You wish to be alarmed for any new work by this artist? Please enter your email.
Our projects use dimensions which usually do not belong to a sculpture.
Christo Vladimirov Javacheff was born in 1935 in Gabrovo (Bulgaria). He studied to the Art Institute of Sofia from 1952 till 1956. The artist settled down in Paris in 1958 and met Jeanne-Claude de Guillebon, born the same year as him. They got married and decided to make common work. Their first personal exhibition was organized in 1961. The same year, they create packings on Cologne’s seaport. . . .
See & discover
The works presented on this page are not available anymore.
Catalogue(s) raisonné(s)*« Complete editions, 1964-1982 », P. Hovdenakk, Ed. Schellmann & Kluser, Munich, 1982
Bibliographic track & more
To read about the artist :
- « Christo », D.G. Laporte, Flammmarion, 1985
- « Christo », R. Marrast et autres, Albin Michel, 1990
- « Christo et Jeanne-Claude », Taschen, Cologne, 1995
- « XTO + J.-C. », B. Chernov & W. Volz, Saint Martin’s Press, New York, 2002
- « Christo & Jeanne-Claude : Early works 1958-1969 », collectif, Ed. Taschen, 2003
- « Christo and Jeanne-Claude : The Gates », Ed. Taschen, 2005
- « Christo et Jeanne-Claude - en/hors atelier », M. Koddenberg, L'Arche Ed., 2015
- « Christo and Jeanne-Claude : The Floating piers », Ed. Taschen, 2016
- « Christo & Jeanne-Claude », collectif, in revue Connaissance des Arts, n°715, juin 2016
- « Christo and Jeanne-Claude - Barrels », DruckVerlag Kettler, 2016
To read from the artist :
- « Erreurs les plus fréquentes », Jeanne-Claude, Ed. Jannink, 1998
- « Conversation avec Christo et Jeanne-Claude », A.-F. Penders, Ed. Tandem, 2002
Stamp by Javacheff Christo
The publication of a postal stamp is often a homage paid by a nation to a place, an event, a remarkable cause or a character which count. The painters and other artists do not escape from this rule. Some are however "forgotten" of postal art. Here, gathered below (French or foreign), emitted stamps (206) or simple studies of stamp (224) in homage to the artists represented on our website. The first French stamp was emitted in 1849, England preceded us by ten years. There is often a share of voyage in this small form of shape paper. The stamp circulates, sails, flies away, it makes dream, then dream a little. M.C.
When the stamp is really emitted, the artist name is preceded of an asterisk (*).
It is certain that we do not know each stamp emitted for such or such artist; do not hesitate with us to make known them!Discover all stamps