You wish to be alarmed for any new work by this artist? Please enter your email.
To dare in all with excess, to push anything in the extreme limits.
Henri Michaux was born in Namur (Wallonie, Belgium) in 1899. He grew up in Brussels. He studied in a Jesuit Institut and wanted to devote his life to the religion but his father decided for him and he began studies of medicine in 1919. He gave up this way quickly and joined up the navy. He was a distressed teenager; his first literary experiments were marked by the frequentation of Tolstoï and . . .
See & discover
The works presented on this page are not available anymore.
Bibliographic track & more
To read about the artist :
- « H. Michaux », R. Bertelé, Poètes d'aujourd'hui, Ed. P Seghers, Paris, 1957
- « M. », R. Bréchon, coll. La Bibliothèque idéale, Ed. Gallimard, Paris, 1959
- « Henri Michaux », A. Jouffroy, coll. Le Musée de Poche, Ed. G. Fall, Paris 1961
- « Henri Michaux », coll., cat., Erker Verlag, Saint-Gall, 1973
- « Un itinéraire de l'art plastique », R. Bertel, in L'Herne, n°8, Paris, 1966, rééd. 1983
- « Henri Michaux - 50 lithographies originales », cat., Ed. Le Point Cardinal, 1984
- « Meidosems », E. R. Jackson, Ed. Moving Part Press, Santa Cruz, 1992
- « Henri Michaux - Les livres illustrés », M. Imbert, Ed. La Hune, Paris, 1993
- « Michaux inédit », E. Pernoud, in revue Nouvelles de l'Estampe, n°133, mars 1994
- « Henri Michaux », Jean-Pierre Martin, Ed. Gallimard, Paris, 2004
To read from the artist :
- « Henri Michaux - Peintures », A. Pacquement, Ed. Gallimard, Paris, 1993
- « Poteaux d’angle », Ed. Gallimard, Paris, 2004
Website :No website dedicated to the artist.
Stamp by Henri Michaux
The publication of a postal stamp is often a homage paid by a nation to a place, an event, a remarkable cause or a character which count. The painters and other artists do not escape from this rule. Some are however "forgotten" of postal art. Here, gathered below (French or foreign), emitted stamps (206) or simple studies of stamp (224) in homage to the artists represented on our website. The first French stamp was emitted in 1849, England preceded us by ten years. There is often a share of voyage in this small form of shape paper. The stamp circulates, sails, flies away, it makes dream, then dream a little. M.C.
When the stamp is really emitted, the artist name is preceded of an asterisk (*).
It is certain that we do not know each stamp emitted for such or such artist; do not hesitate with us to make known them!Discover all stamps
Il n'y a pas de preuve que la puce, qui vit sur la souris, craigne le chat. Henri Michaux
There is no proof that the flea, which lives on the mouse, is afraid of the cat.