You wish to be alarmed for any new work by this artist? Please enter your email.
Seen from a happy star, the universe must resemble a melody of forms and colors.
Hans Richter was born in Berlin in 1888 and died in Switzerland in 1976. He studied at the Academy of Fine Arts in Berlin in 1908 and at the Weimar Academy in 1909. The exhibitions ‘Blaue Reiter’ and the first ‘Herbstsalon’ in 1913 permit him to come into contact with modern art. He supports the futurist . . .
See & discover
The works presented on this page are not available anymore.
Catalogue(s) raisonné(s)Non réalisé à ce jour All the "catalogues raisonnés"
Bibliographic track & more
To read about the artist :
- « Hans Richter », H. Read, Griffon, Neuchâtel, 1965
- « Hans Richter », H. Read, Ed. du Griffon, Neuchâtel, 1965
- « Hans Richter », Ed. Galleria del Cavallino, San Marco, 1965
- « Hans Richter and Man Ray », Ed. Il Fauno, Galleria d'Arte, Torino, 1972
- « H. Richter », Das Graphische Werk, Akademie der Kunst, Dresde, 1974
- « Hans Richter, dessins et portraits dada », Musée de l'Abbaye Ste-Croix, 1978
- « Dada et les dadaïsmes », coll. Folio Essais, Gallimard, Paris, 1993
- « True artist and true friend », C. Fifield, Ed. Oxford University Press, 1993
- « H. R. : Activism, Modernism… », Ed. Cambridge/London The MIT Press, 1998
- « Hans Richter, la traversée du siècle », collectif, Ed. Centre Pompidou-Metz, 2013
To read from the artist :
- « Dada : Kunst und Antikunst », 1964 / « Hans Richter by Hans Richter », 1971
- « Encounters from Dada till today », Hans Richter, Ed. Prestel, 2013
Website :No website dedicated to the artist.
Stamp by Hans Richter
The publication of a postal stamp is often a homage paid by a nation to a place, an event, a remarkable cause or a character which count. The painters and other artists do not escape from this rule. Some are however "forgotten" of postal art. Here, gathered below (French or foreign), emitted stamps (206) or simple studies of stamp (224) in homage to the artists represented on our website. The first French stamp was emitted in 1849, England preceded us by ten years. There is often a share of voyage in this small form of shape paper. The stamp circulates, sails, flies away, it makes dream, then dream a little. M.C.
When the stamp is really emitted, the artist name is preceded of an asterisk (*).
It is certain that we do not know each stamp emitted for such or such artist; do not hesitate with us to make known them!Discover all stamps