You wish to be alarmed for any new work by this artist? Please enter your email.
As long as their will be a painter to look at the world his own way, painting will exist.
Francois Boisrond was born in Boulogne-Billancourt, near Paris in 1959. He studied from 1977 to 1980 at the National School of decorative Arts where he met Di-Rosa and Combas. In 1981 he became involved in the Free Figuration movement and as a result participated in exhibition “Finished in Beauty” organised by Bernard Lamarche-Vadel in his Parisian . . .
See & discover
The works presented on this page are not available anymore.
Catalogue(s) raisonné(s)Non réalisé à ce jour. All the "catalogues raisonnés"
Bibliographic track & more
To read about the artist :
- « Lisible pour M. », B. Lamarche-Vadel, Ed. Unes, 1983
- « F. Boisrond », H. Obalk, Cat., Musée d'art contemporain, Bordeaux, 1985
- « Sérieux, décontracté », Ed. Marval, 1987
- « Pignon-Ernest - Boisrond », in revue Eighty, n°27, 1989
- « Paris-ci », Ed. Le Dernier Terrain Vague, s.d. (1993)
- « F. Boisrond 1987-89 », H.Obalk, Art Random, Ed. Kyoto Shoin International, 1999
- « Petits rien et presque tout », collectif, Ed. Fondation COPRIM, 2000
- « Il était une fois la figuration libre », P. Piguet, Ed. Adam biro, 2002
- « F. Boisrond », monographie, collectif, Ed. Actes Sud, 2012
- « Oeuvres sur papier », E. Brugerolles, J.M. Bustamante et autres, Ed. ENSBA, 2016
To read from the artist :
- « Propos de F. Boisrond », Hector Obalk (via internet)
- « La chronique de F. Boisrond, sténographe du monde », in journal Le Monde, 07/2016
Website :No website dedicated to the artist.
Stamp by François Boisrond
The publication of a postal stamp is often a homage paid by a nation to a place, an event, a remarkable cause or a character which count. The painters and other artists do not escape from this rule. Some are however "forgotten" of postal art. Here, gathered below (French or foreign), emitted stamps (206) or simple studies of stamp (224) in homage to the artists represented on our website. The first French stamp was emitted in 1849, England preceded us by ten years. There is often a share of voyage in this small form of shape paper. The stamp circulates, sails, flies away, it makes dream, then dream a little. M.C.
When the stamp is really emitted, the artist name is preceded of an asterisk (*).
It is certain that we do not know each stamp emitted for such or such artist; do not hesitate with us to make known them!Discover all stamps