You wish to be alarmed for any new work by this artist? Please enter your email.
Everything can be used to create paintings.
Issue from a wealthy family, the Italian painter and sculptor Enrico Baj was born in Milan in 1924. At the age of 14, he paints and draws. Very young, he marks his rejection of authority by making fun of fascist dignitaries visiting his hometown, earning the disapproval of the authorities. He flies to Geneva in 1944 to avoid conscription.After the war, Baj attends the Academy of Fine Arts of . . .
See & discover
The works presented on this page are not available anymore.
Bibliographic track & more
To read about the artist :
- « Enrico Baj », Edouard Jaguer, Ed. Schettini, Milan-New York, 1956
- « Baj », Cat. d'expo, Palazzo Grassi, Ed. Centro Int. delle Arti, 1971
- « Enrico Baj », Ed. Filipacchi, Paris, 1980
- « Enrico Baj. La nostalgia del futuro », J. Baudrillard, Ed. Mazzotta, 1987
- « Enrico Baj. Il giardino delle delizie », Umberto Eco, Ed. Fabbri, 1991
- « Enrico Baj. Le trame del tempo », Marisa Zattini, Ed. Il Vicolo, 2000
- « Die künstlerischen Avantgarden 1945-1964 », G. Huber, Ed. Mann, Berlin, 2003
- « Discours sur l'horreur de l'art », P. Virilio, Ed. A. Création Libertaire, 2003
- « Baj: Mobili Animati », Germano Celant, Ed. Skira, 2009
- « Enrico Baj », collectif, Ed. Silvana, 2014
To read from the artist :
- « Lettres 1953-1961 », Ed. M.A.M St Etienne, 1989
- « Sous l'art, l'or », Enrico Baj, Ed. Atelier Creation Libertaire, 2002
Website :No website dedicated to the artist.
Stamp by Enrico Baj
The publication of a postal stamp is often a homage paid by a nation to a place, an event, a remarkable cause or a character which count. The painters and other artists do not escape from this rule. Some are however "forgotten" of postal art. Here, gathered below (French or foreign), emitted stamps (206) or simple studies of stamp (224) in homage to the artists represented on our website. The first French stamp was emitted in 1849, England preceded us by ten years. There is often a share of voyage in this small form of shape paper. The stamp circulates, sails, flies away, it makes dream, then dream a little. M.C.
When the stamp is really emitted, the artist name is preceded of an asterisk (*).
It is certain that we do not know each stamp emitted for such or such artist; do not hesitate with us to make known them!Discover all stamps
Michelle Champetier Collection / This document is not for sale