You wish to be alarmed for any new work by this artist? Please enter your email.
If I could not paint, I would have to use other means of expression : stab the walls, … cream.
Antonio Saura was born in 1939 in Hesca (Spain). He started painting at the age of 18, but never followed artistic studies. His childhood was marked by the Spanish civil war and the horrendous sights he had, marked him for ever. His first personal exhibition was organized in 1950 (Saragossa). Antonio Saura reached Paris in 1953 and worked with the surrealist group. Deeply disappointed by this . . .
See & discover
The works presented on this page are not available anymore.
Catalogue(s) raisonné(s)*« Antonio Saura, l'oeuvre gravé 1958-1984 », M. Galfetti, Ed Rivière, Paris, 1985
Bibliographic track & more
To read about the artist :
- « Antonio Saura : Peintures 1956-1985 », Musée d'Art et d'Histoire, Genève, 1986
- « Antonio Saura », G. de Cortanze, Ed. de la Différence, Paris, 1994
- « Antonio Saura », Biennale de Venise, 1995
- « Antonio Saura », Dore Ashton, Ed. Galerie Lelong, 1997
- « Klee, point final », A. Saura, Ed. L'Echoppe, 1999
- « Antonio Saura », cat., Ed. Museo Casa de la Moneda, Madrid, 2000
- « Antonio Saura », cat., Ed. Fondation Miro, Barcelone, 1980
- « Notes d'Antonio Saura », A. Cirici Pellicer, Saura, Ed. Yves Rivière, 1980
- « Saura, Multitudes », O. Weber Caflisch et autres, Ed. Gobierno de Aragon, 2003
- « Tauromachie », J. Bescos, A. Saura et M. Cohen, Ed. 5 continents, Paris, 2008
To read from the artist :
- « Contra El Guernica. Libelo », Ediciones Turner, Madrid, 1982
- « Antonio Saura par lui même », Ed. 5 Continents, 2009
Stamp by Antonio Saura
The publication of a postal stamp is often a homage paid by a nation to a place, an event, a remarkable cause or a character which count. The painters and other artists do not escape from this rule. Some are however "forgotten" of postal art. Here, gathered below (French or foreign), emitted stamps (206) or simple studies of stamp (224) in homage to the artists represented on our website. The first French stamp was emitted in 1849, England preceded us by ten years. There is often a share of voyage in this small form of shape paper. The stamp circulates, sails, flies away, it makes dream, then dream a little. M.C.
When the stamp is really emitted, the artist name is preceded of an asterisk (*).
It is certain that we do not know each stamp emitted for such or such artist; do not hesitate with us to make known them!Discover all stamps