You wish to be alarmed for any new work by this artist? Please enter your email.
An artist has no problems beyond those provoked by his excessive sensitivity.
Alekos Fassianos was born in Athens in 1935. He studies at the Fine Arts School from 1956 till 1960 with Yannis Moralis. He gets a scholarship from the French government and settles in Paris (1960-1963). He studies lithographic technics at the Fine Arts School in Paris. He then meets major artists and writers. Louis Aragon comments his works and later Jean-Marie Drot will write his monography . . .
See & discover
The works presented on this page are not available anymore.
Catalogue(s) raisonné(s)Non réalisé à ce jour. All the "catalogues raisonnés"
Bibliographic track & more
To read about the artist :
- « F., La volupté mythologique », J.-M. Drot, Ed. Gal. Beaubourg et Marval, 1985
- « Le mythe à bicyclette », H. Kambouridis, Ed. Château de Chenonceau, 2001
- « Fassianos », Dimitrit Analis & Pierre Cabanne, Ed. La Différence, 2004
- « Pour Andromaque » P. Nahon, Fassianos illustr., Ed. De La Différence, 2008
- « A. F., La mythologie au quotidien », Gal. R. Lemarié, Fondation Reinach, 2000
- « F. ou la reconquête du bonheur », P. Amine, J.M Drot, Ed. Beaux Arts, Mai 2010
- « Les vieilles femmes et la mer », Y. Ritsos, Fassianos illustr., Ed. Fata Morgana, 2012
- « Le poète à New York », F. G. Lorca, Fassianos illustr., Ed. Fata Morgana, 2016
- « Carnet de notes d'Electre », Marguerite Yourcenar, A. Halley, Ed. Fata Morgana, 2017
- « Le soudeur de murmures », L. Mizon, Fassianos illustr., Ed. Folle Avoine, 2018
To read from the artist :
- « Image en fuite », Alekos Fassianos, Ed. Fata Morgana, 1992
- « Fassianos : Collection Bernardaud 150 ans », Interview, You Tube, 2013
Website :No website dedicated to the artist.
Stamp by Alekos Fassianos
The publication of a postal stamp is often a homage paid by a nation to a place, an event, a remarkable cause or a character which count. The painters and other artists do not escape from this rule. Some are however "forgotten" of postal art. Here, gathered below (French or foreign), emitted stamps (206) or simple studies of stamp (224) in homage to the artists represented on our website. The first French stamp was emitted in 1849, England preceded us by ten years. There is often a share of voyage in this small form of shape paper. The stamp circulates, sails, flies away, it makes dream, then dream a little. M.C.
When the stamp is really emitted, the artist name is preceded of an asterisk (*).
It is certain that we do not know each stamp emitted for such or such artist; do not hesitate with us to make known them!Discover all stamps