You wish to be alarmed for any new work by this artist? Please enter your email.
Learn to live by the incisive line that deep voice whose eye watches the sounds.
The Japanese engraver Akira Abé was born at Ehimé in 1949.In the beginning of the seventies, he studies at the Art School in Asagaya (Tokyo). Since 1974, The young man gives up to the drawing. In 1984, he travels for the first time to Paris and decides to settle there. Akira Abé learns about the engraving in L’Atelier 17 headed by Stanley William Hayter. Then he chooses the graver . . .
See & discover
The works presented on this page are not available anymore.
Catalogue(s) raisonné(s)Non réalisé à ce jour. All the "catalogues raisonnés"
Bibliographic track & more
To read about the artist :
- « Salon d'Automne », cat. d'exposition collective, Paris, 1997
- « Akira Abé », cat. d'expo., Galerie Jean-Claude Riedel, Paris, 2000
- « XXe Salon de l’estampe », cat. d'exposition collective, Rueil-Malmaison, 2004
- « Gravures contemporaines », cat. d'expo., Le Cabinet d'amateur, Paris, 2008
- « Atelier Contrepoint », cat. d'expo., Maatgallery, Paris, 2008
- « A. Abé / Burins 1986-2010 », cat. d'exp., Galerie Bonafous-Murat, Paris, 2010
To read from the artist :
- « Mécanique Céleste », Robert Marteau, Ed. Contrepoint - A. Abé, 1999
Website :No website dedicated to the artist.
Stamp by Akira Abé
The publication of a postal stamp is often a homage paid by a nation to a place, an event, a remarkable cause or a character which count. The painters and other artists do not escape from this rule. Some are however "forgotten" of postal art. Here, gathered below (French or foreign), emitted stamps (206) or simple studies of stamp (224) in homage to the artists represented on our website. The first French stamp was emitted in 1849, England preceded us by ten years. There is often a share of voyage in this small form of shape paper. The stamp circulates, sails, flies away, it makes dream, then dream a little. M.C.
When the stamp is really emitted, the artist name is preceded of an asterisk (*).
It is certain that we do not know each stamp emitted for such or such artist; do not hesitate with us to make known them!Discover all stamps