You wish to be alarmed for any new work by this artist? Please enter your email.
Catalogue(s) raisonné(s)Le catalogue raisonné en cours de réalisation : https://edgardpillet.fr/index.php All the "catalogues raisonnés"
Bibliographic track & more
to read about the artist :
- « Edgard Pillet », Julien Alvard, Collection Prisme, 1952
- « Divergences », R.V. Gindertael, cat. d'expo., Galerie Arnaud, 1954
- « Edgard Pillet », Roger Bordier, José-A. Franca, Ed. G. Fall, Paris, 1967
- « Collection of the Esther and Jalo Sithola », collectif, Alvaar Alto museo, 1992
- « Edgard Pillet, Creusets et Plumes », S. Guillaume, Coll. Tambour de soie, Paris, 1995
- « Edgard Pillet », Françoise Monnin, Ed. Fall, Paris, 1996
- « L'œuvre d'E. Pillet », D.E.A. d'histoire de l'Art, M. Ducourant, Paris IV Sorbonne, 1999
- « Edgard Pillet », Serge Lemoine, Marc Ducourant, Ed. RMN, 2001
- « Edgard Pillet et l'Amérique », F. Monnin, Ed. La Livre d'Art Iconofolio, 2014
- « Edgard Pillet - Du village natal à l'Abstraction », V. Auriol, Ed. Libre Label, 2018
To read from the artist :
- « Manifeste pour un Atelier d'Art Abstrait », Parisi, 1950
- « Beata solitudine », Ville Gardini, Gorlich Editore, Milano, 1970
Stamp by Edgard Pillet
The publication of a postal stamp is often a homage paid by a nation to a place, an event, a remarkable cause or a character which count. The painters and other artists do not escape from this rule. Some are however "forgotten" of postal art. Here, gathered below (French or foreign), emitted stamps (206) or simple studies of stamp (224) in homage to the artists represented on our website. The first French stamp was emitted in 1849, England preceded us by ten years. There is often a share of voyage in this small form of shape paper. The stamp circulates, sails, flies away, it makes dream, then dream a little. M.C.
When the stamp is really emitted, the artist name is preceded of an asterisk (*).
It is certain that we do not know each stamp emitted for such or such artist; do not hesitate with us to make known them!See all stamps
- + SCHOOL OF PARIS / 1945-1960 / Jean Degottex, Georges Mathieu, Nicolas de Staël, etc.
- + NEW REALITIES / 1946-1956 / Etienne Béothy, Marcelle Cahn, etc.
- + MODERN SCULPTURE / 1930-1970 / William Kenneth Armiage, Constantin Brancusi, Anthony Caro, Naum Gabo, Pablo Gargallo, Isamu Noguchi, etc.
See & discover
Beyond works currently in stock, it seemed to me useful to combine business with pleasure by letting you discover others works by artists in my gallery. These artworks, now sold or removed from our website, have been in our stock in the past.
These pages will undoubtedly make it possible for some of you to associate an image with its title or the other way round, for others it will be a good time to discover more on such and such artist. For the sake of confidentiality – the pieces being no longer available – we won't display neither their numbering or their price. For whatever reason, make sure to visit this amazing art database with to date 6441 online works just for your pleasure! Michelle Champetier