You wish to be alarmed for any new work by this artist? Please enter your email.
I approach each one of my works with the hope of a color.
Alain Clément was born in 1941 in Neuilly-sur-Seine. As a teenager and young man, he is mostly raised on litterature and poetry. Very young, he practices etching which is still today at the crossroads of his painting and sculpture. He is 20 when he starts painting. His love for printing techniques lead him logically to edition: « L'Arbre » Review in 1962, « . . .
Catalogue(s) raisonné(s)Non réalisé à ce jour. All the "catalogues raisonnés"
Bibliographic track & more
to read about the artist :
- « Les entrelacs d’Alain Clément », M. Faucher, in Cimaises, Paris, été 1990
- C, Alain Clément », Yves Michaud, Ed. De l'artiste – Pernod S.A Mécénat, 1991
- « A. Clément », Cat. Galerie Orangerie-Reinz, Cologne 1993
- « A. Clément. Peintures 1980-1995 », Ed. Ensb-a, Paris, 1995
- « A. Clément. Neue Arbeiten », Cat. Galerie Orangerie-Reinz, Cologne 1997
- « Alain Clément, 1996-2001 », Yves Michaud, Ed. Actes Sud, 2001
- « Alain Clément, Toscane », Yves Michaud et autres, Ed. Etudes & Communication, 2003
- « Alain Clément, 2005-2007 », M. Barascud, cat. d'expo., Gal. Baudoin Lebon, 2007/08
- « A. Clément », Ed. Die Galerie en collab. avec Baudoin Lebon, Frankfort, 2015
- « Alain Clément, 1996-2001 », M. Barascud, cat. d'expo., M.A.M de Céret, 2017
To read from the artist :
- « Entre peinture et gravures », in Nouvelles de l’Estampe, n° 151, mars 1997
- « Les formes de la couleur », Collectif, Ed. Actes Sud, 1997
Website :No website dedicated to the artist.
Stamp by Alain Clément
The publication of a postal stamp is often a homage paid by a nation to a place, an event, a remarkable cause or a character which count. The painters and other artists do not escape from this rule. Some are however "forgotten" of postal art. Here, gathered below (French or foreign), emitted stamps (206) or simple studies of stamp (224) in homage to the artists represented on our website. The first French stamp was emitted in 1849, England preceded us by ten years. There is often a share of voyage in this small form of shape paper. The stamp circulates, sails, flies away, it makes dream, then dream a little. M.C.
When the stamp is really emitted, the artist name is preceded of an asterisk (*).
It is certain that we do not know each stamp emitted for such or such artist; do not hesitate with us to make known them!See all stamps
Michelle Champetier Collection / This document is not for sale
See & discover
Beyond works currently in stock, it seemed to me useful to combine business with pleasure by letting you discover others works by artists in my gallery. These artworks, now sold or removed from our website, have been in our stock in the past.
These pages will undoubtedly make it possible for some of you to associate an image with its title or the other way round, for others it will be a good time to discover more on such and such artist. For the sake of confidentiality – the pieces being no longer available – we won't display neither their numbering or their price. For whatever reason, make sure to visit this amazing art database with to date 6441 online works just for your pleasure! Michelle Champetier