You wish to be alarmed for any new work by this artist? Please enter your email.
Immediately after the war, everyone asked the question of what the correct definition of abstract art was.
Born in 1910 in Copenhagen, the Danish painter Richard Mortensen is one of the pioneers of abstract art in Denmark. He trained at the Royal Academy of Beaux-Arts in his native town from 1931-1932, before he decided to be self-taught. In the beginning of the 30’s, the young man goes to Berlin; has a particular interest for the works of Kandinsky and Joan Miro and is directed towards the Bauhaus, . . .
Bibliographic track & more
to read about the artist :
- « R. Mortensen, R. J. », O. Sarvig, J.H. Schultz A/S-Tokanten, Copenhague, 1946
- « Richard Mortensen », Julien Alvard, in Cimaise, 1ère série n° 3, janvier 1954
- « Mortensen », L. Degan, cat., Ed. Galerie Denise René, Paris, 1956
- « Mortensen », J. C. Lambert, cat., Ed. Galerie Denise René, Paris, 1962
- « Richard Mortensen - Sandhedens Øjeblik », E. Johansson, Ed. Hasselbalch, Cop., 1965
- « R. M. som scenograf 1942-1946 », J. W. Frandsen, cat., Ed. Statens M. for Kunst, 1984
- « Richard Mortensen, Collages 1990-1991 », Teddy Brunius, Ed. Atlantis, 1992
- « Painting 1929-1993 », Pontus Hulten et autres, S. M. for Kunst (Dan.), 1994
- « R Mortensen - Maleri 1929-1993 », P. Hulten, cat., Ed. Aarhus kunstmuseum, 1994
- « Mortensen », coll., cat., Ed. Galerie Denise René, Paris, 1998
To read from the artist :
- No references.
Website :No website dedicated to the artist.
Stamp by Richard Mortensen
The publication of a postal stamp is often a homage paid by a nation to a place, an event, a remarkable cause or a character which count. The painters and other artists do not escape from this rule. Some are however "forgotten" of postal art. Here, gathered below (French or foreign), emitted stamps (206) or simple studies of stamp (224) in homage to the artists represented on our website. The first French stamp was emitted in 1849, England preceded us by ten years. There is often a share of voyage in this small form of shape paper. The stamp circulates, sails, flies away, it makes dream, then dream a little. M.C.
When the stamp is really emitted, the artist name is preceded of an asterisk (*).
It is certain that we do not know each stamp emitted for such or such artist; do not hesitate with us to make known them!See all stamps
See & discover
Beyond works currently in stock, it seemed to me useful to combine business with pleasure by letting you discover others works by artists in my gallery. These artworks, now sold or removed from our website, have been in our stock in the past.
These pages will undoubtedly make it possible for some of you to associate an image with its title or the other way round, for others it will be a good time to discover more on such and such artist. For the sake of confidentiality – the pieces being no longer available – we won't display neither their numbering or their price. For whatever reason, make sure to visit this amazing art database with to date 6441 online works just for your pleasure! Michelle Champetier