You wish to be alarmed for any new work by this artist? Please enter your email.
Painting and the sculpture are unambiguous, their utility lies in their intellectual and spiritual utility.
Painter, architect and sculptor, Max Bill was born in 1908 at Winterhur (Switzerland).From 1924 to 1927 he studied at the Zurich School of Art where he learnt the Goldsmiths trade. He decided to become an architect after going to a conference given by Le Corbusier. As a result he trained under Bauhaus in Dessau between 1927 and 1929. In the course of attending various workshops on theatrical, . . .
Catalogue(s) raisonné(s)« Bill Max, recherche d’un art logique », V. Anker, Ed. l’âge d’homme, Lausanne, 1979 All the "catalogues raisonnés"
Bibliographic track & more
to read about the artist :
- « Max Bill », M. Bense et autres, Verlag Arthur, Zurich, 1958
- « Max Bill », M. Staber, Art in progress, Methuen, London, 1964
- « Max Bill », E. Hüttinger, ABC Verlag, Zurich, 1987
- « Max Bill »« Max Bill », CNAC, M. Staber, Paris, , CNAC, M. Staber, Paris, 1969
To read from the artist :
- « La formation de l’architecte », UIA, Paris, n°44, 1967
Stamp by Max Bill
The publication of a postal stamp is often a homage paid by a nation to a place, an event, a remarkable cause or a character which count. The painters and other artists do not escape from this rule. Some are however "forgotten" of postal art. Here, gathered below (French or foreign), emitted stamps (206) or simple studies of stamp (224) in homage to the artists represented on our website. The first French stamp was emitted in 1849, England preceded us by ten years. There is often a share of voyage in this small form of shape paper. The stamp circulates, sails, flies away, it makes dream, then dream a little. M.C.
When the stamp is really emitted, the artist name is preceded of an asterisk (*).
It is certain that we do not know each stamp emitted for such or such artist; do not hesitate with us to make known them!See all stamps
Michelle Champetier Collection / This document is not for sale
- + BAUHAUS / 1919-1933 / Lyonel Feininger, Johannes Itten, Vassili Kandinsky, Paul Klee, Gerhard Marcks, Georg Muche, Oskar Schlemmer, etc.
- + ABSTRACTION-CREATION / 1931-1938 / Etienne Béothy, Frantisek Kupka, Piet Mondrian, Sophie Taeuber-Arp, Georges Vantongerloo, etc.
- + NEW REALITIES / 1946-1956 / Etienne Béothy, Marcelle Cahn, etc.
- + MODERN SCULPTURE / 1930-1970 / William Kenneth Armiage, Constantin Brancusi, Anthony Caro, Naum Gabo, Pablo Gargallo, Isamu Noguchi, etc.
See & discover
Beyond works currently in stock, it seemed to me useful to combine business with pleasure by letting you discover others works by artists in my gallery. These artworks, now sold or removed from our website, have been in our stock in the past.
These pages will undoubtedly make it possible for some of you to associate an image with its title or the other way round, for others it will be a good time to discover more on such and such artist. For the sake of confidentiality – the pieces being no longer available – we won't display neither their numbering or their price. For whatever reason, make sure to visit this amazing art database with to date 6441 online works just for your pleasure! Michelle Champetier