You wish to be alarmed for any new work by this artist? Please enter your email.
Painting learns of the painting.
Painter and sculptor, Manolo Valdés was born in Valencia (Spain) in 1942; when he cames to the Academy of Fine Arts in San Carlos, he met young artists; with Rafael Solbes he founded the « Equipo Cronica » in 1964, and Juan Toledo joined them.Equipo Cronica was the most important Pop Art movement in Spain. When Equipo Cronica was created in 1964 Franco was still in government and the . . .
Catalogue(s) raisonné(s)* « M. Valdés: Escultura – Pintura 1980/86 », Ed. Institucio Valenciana d'Estudis i Investigacio, 1986
Bibliographic track & more
to read about the artist :
- « Manolo Valdés », cat. d'expo., Ed. Galerie Adrien Maeght, Paris, 1986
- « Manolo Valdés, recent work », Manolo Valdés, Marlborough Gallery, 1991
- « M. Valdés, pintura y escultura », K. de Barañano, M. Guggenheim, Bilbao 2002
- « M. Valdés 1981-2006 », M. J. Salazar, G. Solana, M. N. Centro de Arte, 2005
- « Manolo Valdés : Sculptures in New York », A. Santolaya, Ed. TF Editores, 2005
- « Les Ménines de Valdés », cat., Ed. Ministère de la Cult. et de la Comm. Paris, 2005
- « Manolo Valdés », Kosme de Baranano, Ed. Fondation Maeght, 2006
- « Don Juan / M. Valdés », Tirso de Molina, Ed. Edouard et Julien Weiss, 2008
- « Manolo Valdés », Ed. Patty & Jay Baker Naples Museum of Art, 2011
- « M. Valdés : The New York Botanical Garden », 2 vol., Ed. La Fabrica, 2014
To read from the artist :
- « M. Valdés. Il perenne retaggio dell'arte », S. Parmiggiani, Ed. Skira, 2005
- « I only like apples if they look like Cezanne's apples », A. Mc Nay in Studio Int., 2016
Website :No website dedicated to the artist.
Stamp by Manolo Valdés
The publication of a postal stamp is often a homage paid by a nation to a place, an event, a remarkable cause or a character which count. The painters and other artists do not escape from this rule. Some are however "forgotten" of postal art. Here, gathered below (French or foreign), emitted stamps (206) or simple studies of stamp (224) in homage to the artists represented on our website. The first French stamp was emitted in 1849, England preceded us by ten years. There is often a share of voyage in this small form of shape paper. The stamp circulates, sails, flies away, it makes dream, then dream a little. M.C.
When the stamp is really emitted, the artist name is preceded of an asterisk (*).
It is certain that we do not know each stamp emitted for such or such artist; do not hesitate with us to make known them!See all stamps
See & discover
Beyond works currently in stock, it seemed to me useful to combine business with pleasure by letting you discover others works by artists in my gallery. These artworks, now sold or removed from our website, have been in our stock in the past.
These pages will undoubtedly make it possible for some of you to associate an image with its title or the other way round, for others it will be a good time to discover more on such and such artist. For the sake of confidentiality – the pieces being no longer available – we won't display neither their numbering or their price. For whatever reason, make sure to visit this amazing art database with to date 6441 online works just for your pleasure! Michelle Champetier